MENU
   
Welcome!! Register or Login

    Job details


Chief Medical agent - Venice Family Clinic:UCLA Health

Job description:

 

Job location:
Venice, California 90291

Date:
09/14/2018
Work Type:
Employee
Job Status:
Full Time
Shift:
1st Shift
Specialties:
   » Family Medicine

 

 

Job Details

Venice Family Clinic is seeking a Chief Medical agent (CMO) who will be responsible for the clinical vision of Venice Family Clinic and provides oversight of all clinical programs. She/he partners with the clinical, program and administrative staff and volunteers to identify new programs evaluate existing programs and determine which programs and clinical interventions best serve VFC patients. She/he is responsible for both the productivity of the clinical staff and the quality of care delivered by staff and volunteer medical providers.
Venice Family Clinic is a community health center whose mission is “To provide quality health care to people in need”. In 2018, Venice Family Clinic cared for 26,000 low-earnings patients in over 114,000 visits. Venice Family Clinic has twelve locations with over 350 staff and a budget of $50 million. As part of its affiliation with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Venice Family Clinic is involved in the training of residents and fellows. Venice Family Clinic also trains residents through partnerships with Kaiser Permanente and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Supervise two Associate Medical Directors, Dental Director, and the Clinical Director of our Homeless Health Care program and the Psychiatrist. She/he is ultimately responsible for the work of VFC’s medical providers
Leads quality assurance and quality improvement work
Clinical care accounts for 40% of the CMO’s work tasks with administrative and managery responsibilities accounting for the other 60%
Will be the primary staff person for the Medical Practice Committee, a committee of the Board of Directors which supervises new programming, quality, safety and peer review. She/he also helps the Chair develop agendas for Medical Practice Committee meetings and is a key leader at these meetings
Responsible for working with CEO, Medical Practice Committee and Senior Management Team to set productivity and quality of care goals related to VFC’s clinical practice
Implements VFC quality and productivity goals with clinical staff
Working with Associate Medical Directors recruits, hires and trains staff medical providers
Leads regular medical provider meetings focusing on day to day operations, changes in clinical policies and procedures and continuing development of the provider staff
Attends and participates in all Board of Director meetings and Strategic Planning Committee meetings. Is a vital part of these meetings by presenting or facilitating the presentation of VFC’s clinical programs, sharing ideas and opinions, and weighing in on changes that impact VFC’s clinical program
Establishes and implements a system of peer review and reviews credentials that delineate clinical privileges for all physicians providing care at Venice Family Clinic
Responsible for maintaining and growing VFC’s robust and vital volunteer program which currently uses more than 250 volunteer physicians from the community at large
Actively creates new relationships and maintains relationships that provide in-kind services including laboratory and radiology diagnostics for VFC’s uninsured patients
Provides leadership abilities for implementing pilot programs and change projects that will enable Venice Family Clinic to innovate
Represents VFC with the medical community, at conferences and gives public presentations as needed. 
 

Requirements

* Seven or more years’ practice as a primary care physician
* Board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Med/Peds or Pediatrics
* At least five years’ practice in a leadership abilities position in a primary health care setting
* Previous practice as a volunteer, staff member, or faculty member in a setting serving underserved people
* capability to speak Spanish, a plus

To apply please email your CV and cover letter to E-Mail: PhysicianRecruitment@mednet.ucla.edu

Apply Now

Skills:

Job Category: Other [ View All Other Jobs ]
Language requirements:
Employment type:
Salary: Unspecified
Degree: Unspecified
Experience (year): Unspecified
Job Location: Venice, California
Company Type Employer
Post Date: 09/14/2018 / Viewed 25 times
Contact Information
Company: UCLA Health
Contact Email: PhysicianRecruitment@mednet.ucla.edu


Apply Online